Tax Preparation Check List – Things To Remember
- All Form(s) W-2 (Wages, Winnings, etc.)
- Forms(s)1099 (Interest, Dividends, etc.)
- Bought a New Home? Foreclosure? Modification? Short Sale?
- Forms(s) 1098 (Mortgage Interest) and (Property Tax Statement)
- Closing Statements Pertaining to all Real Estate Transactions
- Are you a Sole Proprietor, Non-profit (501c 3), Limited Liability Corporation (LLC)
- Need Offer and Compromise? Need Estate Taxes? Living Trust?
- Any Tax notices received from the IRS or Franchise Tax Board?
- Schedules(s) K-1(income/loss from Partnerships, S-Corporations, etc.
Important Phone Numbers
Individual Tax Help: 1-800-829-4933
Business Tax Help: 1-800-829-4933
Order Free Forms and Publications: 1-800-829-3676
Refund Hotline: 1-800-829-1954
TeleTax Recorded Tax Information: 1-800-829-4477
Check the Status of Your Tax Return
Useful Tax Websites
IRS: The Internal Revenue Service’s very own home page.
IRS User Guide to Identity Theft: Identity Theft: Assistance from the IRS
Federal tax code online: The complete code with embedded hyperlinks for quick searches and a WAIS based full-text search engine.
Small Business Taxes & Management: The WWW version of The Small Business Tax Review – Tax and management guidance for small and medium sized businesses since 1980.
Taxing Subjects: News for the Tax Professional.
The Tax Prophet: An extensive collection of articles on a broad range of tax subjects.
Other Useful Websites
Orgainizing for Action: Learn How to Change America
NAACP: Learn more about the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
NewsOne: News for Black America
FedWorld: An excellent source for government information, documents, and files on taxes and just about anything else related to the federal government.
InvestorGuide: An excellent guide to investing on the Web.
Small Business Advancement National Center: Resources and information for small business owners.
Social Security Administration online: Home page for the SSA. Information on benefits, services, etc.
ThirdAge.com: Financial and tax information & much more for older adults.